Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are you a good witch or a bad one?

Students put on a production of The Wizard of Oz. This year I've been asked to decorate the reception following the schools play. Follow the yellow brick road! I made this by cutting a yellow tablecloth in half and then make lines using a black marker.






We put different colored cups, napkins, tablecloths, and plates to represent the rainbow. I also used rainbow colored dusters for decoration. Each student had a label with their name on a rainbow lollipop.

To make "Glenda" the good witch I bought this fairy skirt from the dollar store. I think its actually for a puppy! Then I wrapped it around a small vase. Filled it with stones to add shimmer and added mini wands from Party City.




To make Wicked Witch I first ask Sienna for her puff snacks from Gerber. Then take the label off. I noticed how it has a curve to it so a body came to mind.



Roll up stockings to top and glue on hat and pen. I ordered these pens from Oriental Trading. You can also personalize them for free! I wrote "The Wizard of Oz."

No comments:

Post a Comment